Sunday, January 11, 2009

Lunch is Back in Business

After a couple of boring weeks, I went out with the girls on Thursday for lunch and a movie. It was fun to get caught up on everyone's holidays and to hear about Sue's trip back to Colorado. I was jealous but managed to control myself and didn't scratch her eyes out or anything! : )

I never thought I would enjoy an American chain restaurant so much but the ribs and fries at Tony Roma's were scrumptious. We haven't been able to find baby back ribs at any of the butcher shops and I'm surprised how much I miss them. Sue and Diana were excited about the homemade iced tea with no sugar but were dismayed to find a no refill policy at $4 per glass. We all thrilled to have free bread. None of the restaurants here give free bread, chips or rice so this was a treat. The small things in life that one never appreciates until they are not available!

We went to a matinee to cool off as it's been in the high 90s and low 100s for a couple of weeks. Even though the reviews I've read subsequently have not been good, all of us immensely enjoyed 7 Pounds with Will Smith. It was an incredibly thought-provoking movie on many levels. Do see it if you have a chance so we can discuss it.

I had a spinach-in-the-teeth moment when I managed to get on the train only to look down and see the underwire of my bra had escaped and was sticking out for all the world to see. Liz assured me it wasn't showing at the restaurant. Maybe we'll get our shipment one of these days so I'll have others. It will be like Christmas when our shipment finally arrives. I am really sick of the clothes I brought in my suitcase and I'm sure everyone else is too! We figured the 6 to 9 week estimate might be slightly optimistic but it will be 6 to 9 months at the rate we're going.

1 comment:

Cindy Campbell said...

It sounds as though you had a marvelous time celebrating New Year's in OZ. You certainly have met quite a few friends while there. Our New Years was so uneventful it was 12:15 before any of us realized it had happened. Cindy