Saturday, January 17, 2009

Help Me, I'm Melting!

I'll try not whinge too much about the heat here, especially since many of you are suffering through a terribly cold and snowy winter. However, it was 108 degrees F this week! When we decided to come here, we were seduced with Internet reports of average highs of 85 with lows of 65 in the summer. Either there's a lot of truth to climate change or somebody's making up tall tales!

I take a shower, sweat while I'm drying my hair, cool off, sweat again... Luckily, Veronica and Audrey saved me from this vicious cycle by inviting me to South Beach with them the other day. We had a wonderful visit and time went quickly despite the heat. I'm really going to miss Veronica again when she returns to England for another three weeks on Wednesday.

Veronica captured me on film wading in the ocean with my pants rolled up since I still don't have a bathing suit. We are supposed to get our shipment on Thursday (crossed fingers) and will definitely go back to South Beach often as it's only blocks from our place. We'll have to buy an umbrella first as there's not a wisp of shade on this beach.

While they swam, I hid under the umbrella and read a recent
People Magazine Veronica's son brought when he came to visit.


Audrey looked so great in her bikini that some young men whistled at her. However, she didn't agree and forbade any shots showing her in her suit. We rewarded ourselves with cool drinks and fish and chips at the little cafe on the beach afterward.

They both look cool as cucumbers while I was bedraggled.

No comments: