Friday, September 5, 2008

Polly, Want a Cracker?

Check out these wild birds flying around in our backyard. It's a cacophony of sound! Some sound like phones ringing; I can't count how many times I've picked up the phone before realizing it's the birds outside. The kookaburras sound like they're laughing and some other bird sounds like a baby wailing. I don't know if these are keas or parrots but they sure are gorgeous.


Don't worry! I won't turn into Bindi, the Wonder Girl. After all, I'm allergic to feathers and animals.

We also have a banana tree but, sadly, there are no ripe bananas at the moment. George did get some free lemons from a co-worker so that has boosted his spirits. He still is shocked whenever we go to the grocery store but he agrees the adventure is priceless.

1 comment:

Janet Robbins said...

How wonderful! You are so lucky to have these beautiful birds right in your backyard.

Bindi the Wonder Girl????????
Enjoy the noisy rascals!
Janet