Sunday, December 28, 2008

Cottesloe Beach



Boxing Day was a perfect day for the beach for me, although the locals thought it was cold at about 90 degrees F. Pauline and Michael picked me up and we were supposed to meet three other couples.

Lynn, Doug, Michael and Pauline by the wall.

Due to the breeze, Pauline and Lynn were cold so Michael and Doug found a sheltered but shady spot that was wonderful. As we were moving, they were all jumping down from this short wall. Like a ninny, I refused Doug's offer of help and told him I was fine. Famous last words! I should know how uncoordinated I am and remembered just as I tumbled spectacularly down this gravel slope. My pride was more injured than my body and I was embarrassed at the fuss they were making. Michael even went to the car to fetch a first-aid kit.

A view to a picnic. Just what I needed - more great food!

We wondered what happened to the rest of the group while they were trying to "ring" us and couldn't "raise" us. They even called Veronica to call our house to find out if we'd left yet. Michael thought maybe he should try someone's "mobile" but Pauline thought the beach wasn't that crowded and that Tony would find us. More famous last words!

We finally found the rest of the gang after lunch.

Now Tony has "sorted it out" and is collecting email addresses and mobile and land numbers for the group so it won't happen again.

Since we haven't received our shipment, we don't have bathing suits yet and I refuse to buy one since I just bought two for the trip before we left. The water looked so inviting but I enjoyed visiting and watching the people of all ages instead of swimming.

Now I'm not sure I'll ever go in the water! They closed Cottesloe Beach today because of shark sightings. A man was carried off by one yesterday just south of here and is presumed dead. Scary!

No comments: