Saturday, June 20, 2009

Where Two Oceans Meet

Geography has never been my best subject and the only time I get geography questions correct in Trivial Pursuit is when I've actually been to the place about which they are asking. Now I know where the Indian Ocean and Southern Ocean meet in case it ever comes up.

Speaking of Trivial Pursuit, we were extremely challenged playing the Australian version at our condo in Denmark (Denmark, Western Australia, not the one in Scandinavia). I was all ready to answer any footy questions. No matter what, I was going to say Ben Cousins , the Aussie football star who is in their news on a nightly basis, figuring I'd have at least a 75% chance of being right. However, we were all hopeless when it came to cricket questions but the ultimate stumbler had to do with cycling. What famous Australian placed 17th in the Tour de France in 1928? Now there's a difficult one. Paul and Sherri missed a pie on that one. Anyway, as usual, I'm off topic!

Guided tours of the lighthouse were available but we didn't want to spend an hour or $17 on it so we just walked around the grounds.

Paul and Sherri pose at the junction of the two oceans.
I guess I should have said Sherri and Paul but I bet
you figured out who's who!

No comments: