Sunday, April 19, 2009

LaW without the Review


The women's group tried a BYOB restaurant instead of going to a winery. For those of you not familiar with the concept, restaurants often allow people to bring their own wine and/or beer. Most charge a corkage fee per person or per bottle, which varies a lot. The Vietnamese restaurant by us charges nothing while the highest corkage charge I've heard is $17 per bottle. Many of the establishments offering BYOB don't have a liquor license but many who sell drinks also give the BYOB option.

As you can see, the view was gorgeous and a good time was had by all. Good thing because the service at Spinnakers sucked - sure glad the food didn't! It is fun because we continue to get interesting new members in our group so there's always someone intriguing with whom to converse. I especially enjoyed meeting Fran and Mary, two new instant friends I met on the ride to Hilarys in Veronica's car. Within minutes, we were all laughing like a bunch of crazy high school girls.

However, even though I'm not a wine drinker, I missed the wine tasting; it seemed like lunch but not LaW. The tasting gives more time to mingle before you eat and it's fun watching people discover new favorites. Oh well, I didn't volunteer to coordinate this event and my policy is you can't bitch if you didn't volunteer to do it. So, I'll go and have fun and won't think of it as LaW.

No comments: