Monday, March 16, 2009

International Women's Festival

One of the reasons I'm so far behind in my blogging is that I have no willpower. Last Sunday, I planned to spend the evening faithfully updating this blog. Then Sherri called to ask me if I wanted to join her at the Women's Festival. Food, crafts and live music - how could I resist? The mosaic is not the most flattering representation of womanhood but I like to think of it as symbolizing the decidedly decadent side of my personality. However, I could rationalize the outing as the gate entry fees were donated to the Bushfire Appeal.

I sneaked into the refreshment tent as it was about
to close to capture this photo. Pretty sumptuous
surroundings for an outdoor festival, eh?

Three different female musicians performed
original music for the crowd.


Several groups of dancers entertained us,
including these belly dancers.

No matter your age, it is fun to be visited by the fairies.

The children especially had a good time.

No comments: