Thursday, November 20, 2008

Bead Bonanza

Last Saturday, Arthur, our adorable Aussie handyman, came to paint the inside of our place. After seeing me beading the week before, he was excited to tell me about some beads he'd seen at a garage sale on the way over.


I was preparing my lasagna for the Bake-Off and hesitated, thinking that it wouldn't be worth my time. However, since he had gone to all the trouble of bringing me the lady's phone number, I felt obligated to call. After speaking with her, I decided I should take a look since beads are so expensive here. Arthur took me over there and was I glad!


Wow - all this for only $200, including a bead board, the wooden tray above that makes into a six-foot table, and the box full of cotton fiber! This ought to keep me busy until our shipment arrives with my glass goodies. Good on ya, Arthur, and thanks, mate!

No comments: