Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Meet the Ozzies




No, not Ozzie and Harriet of the old 50's sitcom, but real live Australian friends. I met Toni, the mom, on the Internet looking for a way to get my glass fix while we're here. After months of emailing, I not only got to meet her but her husband, Gary, and their twin 5-year-old sons, Ryan and Adam.





The boys had a blast in our current backyard - Heaven on Earth for children - with a swing, money bars, playhouse, sandbox and trampoline on which to enjoy being a kid. It gave the adults (I am counting myself in this group, don't laugh!) a chance to visit. Check out the fun tire swing above. I wish my little friend and neighbor, Laura, in Fort Collins could come and play here.

Housing prices in this area have skyrocketed, giving Gary and Toni a chance for a new life. Gary had been traveling extensively for his work and missed spending time with the family. Inflated housing prices allowed them to sell their home, pay off their mortgage, build a new home and still have some left over on which to live. They have time now for their boys and for another passion. Both are committed to environmental issues and Gary has even met Al Gore.

Of course, there's always a small world story to be told. I played bridge with her mother-in-law last Saturday.

I am looking forward to seeing them all again and creating glass art with Toni!

No comments: